Wednesday, September 19, 2007

When is your special day in the NY

When is your special day in the NY
Tae-Min Kim

About 8mounths ago, I arrived in the US at JFK airport. The exactly date was jan.1. Everything looked surprising. There are different faces, language, culture, food and so on. I remember that this day was interesting and surprising. I tried to call my friend after arriving here, but I did not know how to use the public phone and I could not speak anything. It was a terrible time waiting for my friend in the airport. After one hour, I met my friend and carried my luggage to the house. I had 2 big luggage and 2 small bag. It was very hard time.

My friend and I went to manhattan for dinner after finishing carrying the luggage to the house. Since I take a train, I was very surprised because, I had seen many rat in the station. I said to my friend “look at that” it was very big one. He said “never mind, you can see every day in the house” I was a little bit disappointed, because I imagined NY as one of the largest cities in the world. After that, we got off the train at times square.
I was surprised again, I could not only see high –sky line buildings and beautiful neon signs but also different race on the street. In addition, there were many kinds of musicals and shows. I had never seen before. After finishing the dinner, we went to wall streets.
Here was a middle of economy in the world. I thought that “The world was wide. I have to study more again. I would like to build up my career in NY”.

Sometimes, If I was tired and exhausted while living in NY, I would remember my promise on this day.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Yes, the real New York is different from what people dream about before coming here. This is a complex city, fascinating and even beautiful in its complexity, in spite of all its problems.

Wed Oct 03, 03:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home