Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A special day (by Luisa Maria Nieto R)

I have had many special days, but I remember especially one day. It was summer. My family and I went to Hawaii. My cousin had recommended a special tour for us. It was the Polynesian Culture Center.
We got up very early and went on the tour in a big bus. When we arrived, it was very hot, but we were happy because it was a nice place. The guide was Japanese, but he could also speak Spanish because his mother was Bolivian. The name of the guide was Gabriel.
Gabriel gave us a pretty “flowers chain” and we looked very Hawaiian. First, we went on the “canoa” tour and we could see many Polynesian islands, and many natural things like beautiful flowers, plants, big trees, etc. All people said to us “Aloha!” because Aloha means hello. They were funny and pleasant people.
When we left the “canoa” tour, we visited different “islands” like Fiji, Hawaii, Samoa and others. On each island, they had a special dance, house, food, clothes and I enjoyed everything.
We learned the basic steps for the dance and also to make a fish with a leaf. We took many pictures. There were many funny shows where you could sing, dance, or do something.
Finally, we saw a special show. It was about a fantastic man. He could go up a palm tree very easy and quickly. He also could take milk from a coconut only with his hands and a coconut, and he could make fire without a match and he could touch it (it was very dangerous, but no for him).
The show ended at 10:30 PM, we were so excited and tired and went to the hotel very late. We slept like babies.

2 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

wow very interesting
I really hope take a trip like that
in my future .i`m crazy about beach city
coud you tell me with that trip is expensive.

Wed Sep 19, 03:26:00 PM  
Blogger the blog said...

What a exciting trip! You make me disire to go to Hawaii!

Wed Sep 19, 03:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home