Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Story about a special day in my past.

Name: Wut Yi Soe ( Callie )
Level: 4.3 (ESL)
Teacher’s code: Kevin



Date:September.17th.2007(Mon)

Title: A Story about a special day in my past.


I would like to tell about a short trip where I went to the statue of Liberty yesterday. I went there with my friends at around 9am. First, I started leaving my house at 8.30am. I took a ride on the subway from Elmhurst Avenue. I arrived at the White Hall Street station around 10am.
I took a ride on a water taxi to go to the statue of Liberty. This is such a nice place. I got some pleasure from visiting it. I took many photos there and walked around the statue of Liberty. And then I looked at the Liberty shop where the gift were sold. I ate some potato chips and fried chicken for my lunch at the restaurant. I got back to New York at around 2pm. The view from the statue of Liberty is so nice. I could see the Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan Bridge and the buildings of Manhattan from the statue of Liberty. I like that place so much.
However, I got a sad thing there. I lost my cell phone in the rest room of the restaurant. But I didn’t know that my cell phone was left at there. I went to the rest room when I got back to New York. After visiting the rest room, I went on the water taxi in a hurry. When I got on the water taxi, I realized that I didn’t have my cell phone in my bag. Unfortunately, the water taxi started leaving from the Liberty harbor. However, I didn’t get to realize something that I got to go back to the Liberty island for the second time and looked for my property in the rest room. I think that yesterday was on the unlucky day for me. I didn’t get anything back. I couldn’t afford anything and went back to New York.
I got a little bit of depression for that. But one thing came into my brain as knowledge. That is knowledge that I am going to take out of somewhere, which I will check back at that place. I always have an alert mind and something like that. I got it. Therefore, this trip gave me pleasure, sadness and knowledge. Thus, I am sure I appreciated it.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

A water taxi gives a great view of the city. I've also taken one and enjoyed it a lot. You sit low in the boat and look up at the buildings, from the same level as the water.

Wed Oct 03, 02:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home