Wednesday, September 19, 2007

first adventure

09/19/07


Adventure in Grand Canyon


My first time in United State of America was when I was a student in the university. I came to the USA to participate in the exchange program in summer. I worked as a housekeeper in Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona. It wasn’t a good job for me but I learned a lot at that time. My jobs were make beds, cleaning and getting room ready for customers. I worked with some Thai friends, native Americans and some people from other countries. I lived in a dormitory which all the employees lived. After we had been working all day, my friend and I liked to cook and had dinner together. Because there were a lot of people eating together, it made me feel like we had a party everyday. By that time, I knew a lot of new friends from different countries. We exchanged our cultural by talking and showing some pictures, and we cooked for each other. The greatest thing was that I lived in The Grand Canyon, the place that everybody wants to visit once in the lift time. It is very beautiful and unbelievable. It was always sunny and windy. The people who visited and worked there always smiled and were happy. I thought American people were so nice, not like what I had heard. Before I came to the USA, I heard somebody say American people are not always nice, they hurried and didn’t care about other people. But it wasn’t true. Maybe because everybody was on vacation, so they were in good moods. Anyway that time was a good experience for me and I will always remember it.




Pradthana ( Pat)

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

I think you had a great experience seeing the Grand Canyon. But I think living in New York will be even better, as there are more opportunities. In the Grand Canyon the view is beautiful. In New York, the people are beautiful.

Wed Oct 03, 03:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home