Wednesday, November 28, 2007

strange exprience in NY

Sean, Ko
Teacher: Kevin
Date: Nov 28 .2007

There are many adventure in New York city.

Mine is surprise. When I worked in Deli in Manhattan as night part time Casher There is

A lot of strange people. Drug addict, Alcohol-holic , teenage who used marihuana.



Anyway I will write about most strange person ever I met before in my life. One day I

worked as other day. Suddenly door was open. And one of fat and ugly whitish blonde

hair old woman came in. Her face was so ugly. Basically I am person who don’t see face.

Just I want to say that she was so ugly. At that time my English was not good. Of course

It is still not good. Any way as soon as she came in . she asked me something. But her

English was so fast and pronunciation was muttered. And I didn’t catch what she said to

me. Than she was crazy. She started to shout. “Here is USA and Manhattan. But I can

not see anyone who can speak English! Every one is Spanish and Asian. Is there a who

can speak English???!!!” and she repeated that word “is there who can speak English?”

Might be for 10 minute. It was horrible experience. Every customer looked me and her.

Some of people went out. Even though I said to her “O.K. O.K please calm down. I can

speak English” but she didn’t stop. She said to me “ you can not speak English, calm

down? XXXXXXX!!!” she looked like almost crazy. And then she went out with anger.

Just I wished that please do not come again. But she’d came again after that day. And

always blamed to me and my English



Actually at that time I didn’t understand how to use ‘what’ or ‘who’ between sentence.

But that day I heard too many sentence “is there a ‘who’ can speak English?” than finally

I could understand a structure of English.

4 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

That customer was mentally ill, I think. She behaved badly because of her illness. Some mentally healthy people also behave badly.

Sat Dec 01, 02:27:00 PM  
Blogger the blog said...

I also wanted to find the part time job. I think if I have a part time job, I face a lot of american then my English speaking ability is upgraded. But I couldn't find the part time job. Because my English speaking ability is not good.

Sat Jan 12, 04:51:00 PM  
Blogger the blog said...

-Ann

Sat Jan 12, 04:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there is no regard for a foreigner in USA. USA is consist of various nation's people but there is only one language, English. We just be in USA as not a foreigner, but a member of USA. Good luck!

Mon Jan 14, 02:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home