Wednesday, November 28, 2007

“An Adventure in New York” by Luisa Maria Nieto Ramirez

There are a lot of adventures in my life. Now, I am living in New York where I have founded new and interesting adventures.
Since I arrived here, I have lived different experiences. One of them was the Halloween parade. My cousins had talked about it before and they said it was an amazing event. I was so excited about Halloween and I wanted to go there. My cousin lent me her dress and put some special make up and she also looked like a witch. We went to Manhattan with her boyfriend by train. It was so could and I didn’t wear a jacket.
When we were in the train station, two trains didn’t stop, so we arrived late. In the train, we saw some people with spectacular dresses. I had never seen it before. There were a lot of people and everybody looked very funny. It was strange for me, because in my country, you couldn’t wear like this and go by bus.
We arrived late and couldn’t find a good place to see the event. But finally, we couldn’t see the special dresses and crazy people. Some dresses were very beautiful other very strange. We took a lot of pictures and stayed stand up all the time. I enjoyed it a lot. It was really a new experience.
When we tried to come back to our house, I felt terrible. Everybody wanted to take the train. I almost fell down. I couldn’t breathe and I felt very could because I didn’t have a jacket. After that, we went to Astoria to eat pizza. In the restaurant, we started to talk about every dress and laughed for many minutes.
I felt good because I could live a new spectacular experience. That day was so difficult for me because, I realize my sister was sick and I was very sad. But my family here tried to help me and to give me support. Finally my sister was better and I had a fun time. If I was in New York on Halloween and I didn’t go to the parade I felt so terrible.
Not only was my adventure in New York interesting, but it was also very funny and enjoyable. I learned how much the people in New York like to enjoy this date. I think it was a rich experience. I want to go there again the next year but more early.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Parades and similar events that are a lot of fun can also be stressful, especially if someone is already tired or stressed.

Sat Dec 01, 02:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home