Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Adventure with New York Trains

There are many NY adventure stories. One of them made me surprise was a comfortable transportation, especially a train. It was the first week since I came to NY. On that day I had to register a falling ESL class at La guardia where was not so far from train station, 33rd station. Therefore took a train was the suitable to go there. I found many problems such as where is train station ,how to buy a ticket , and how to take a train.

Simple but not easy to begin because I have never took a train in NY. First question was “Where is the train station?” I didn’t even know that, although it was only 4 blocks from my small room. It seemed silly for me, so I have to ask a neighbor. After a while I walked along the street to train station, 61st Woodside station was my destination. I reached there with two simple questions again. My questions were not only “How to but a ticket”,
but also “How to take a train”. I took a very long time to ask the MTA officer at the station. She was so kind because she not only taught me to use vendor machine for buying a ticket, but she also gave me a train map. Moreover, she described everything that she could do it for an alien foreigner like me. I was thankful her about trains.
Before I came here, I had thought NewYoker never kind to any foreigner.

My surprising NY adventure taught me an unexpected lesson. Nowadays, I learned that sometimes you scared because you just never experienced it. There is nothing too hard for people, the important point is don’t be shy. Open your mouth. Open your mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

When we live in a new country, even small things can be challenging. Often kindly people come to help when needed.

Sat Dec 01, 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger the blog said...

i think your essay was fluent.while i was reading your essay, i thought that you should study grammer and spelling. if you want to write better, you should write more as you could

by MUSTAFA 4.2
teacher KEVIN

Mon Jan 14, 12:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home