Wednesday, September 26, 2007

tax country by sang won lee


Many new experience since I lived in New York. I came to NY
In Sep, 2004 that I frist time I visited the U.S.
I thought that Americans were very fat and
if I couldn't speak English,
they would be upset to me. But they didn't do so
and were much more kindly.
I was homesick after I arrived at JFK airport,
so I wanted to return to my country
as soon as I was able to so.
It was culture shock. For exmples, I needed a bottle of water while
walking on the street and idin't know where I could get it.
I saw a supermaket at the corner.
I went into the store to buy water. I found a bottle of water
inside the refrigerator and I went to the cashier. Its price was 1$ and
I had only 1$, but it was over priced,almost 1.20$

when I saw that, I started up in surprise.
I said, "why it does cost over 1$?
It just figures out 1$ there." And the cashier said, "including sales tax."
sales tax? what does that mean?
I learned about the United State economic system and sales tax,
because in my country
most tax is included, so, we don't know about how much the tax costs.
After that day I prepared to get more money to buy something since
I experienced that situation. This is very omprotant to me.
I will go to New Hampshire for shopping because there is no sales tax.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

I like the picture.

Some people say that sales tax is not fair because rich people pay easily and poor people have to pay the same amount of money, with difficulty.

Thu Sep 27, 02:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home