Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Special Person

Luisa Maria Nieto Ramirez
October 17, 2007
Level 4.3

He was walking in the university. His face looked like that of an old person. He had big eyes and a serious expression. His face wasn’t white or black; it was a special color between pink and yellow. A little mustache appeared on his face and maybe because of this, he looked older. The skin of his face was pale and smooth. Something rare was that his face was so thin, so he didn’t have cheeks. His nose was lean and large. His lips were as thin as his face and his mustache almost tried to cover them. Maybe his face didn’t look like a T.V. model and sometimes his expression quickly changed from serious to friendly.
He was my new classmate. His name was Gustavo and he was 26 years old, but his life had been very hard. He had arrived from the Colombian wild, because he was working as a Mathematics Teacher for a special community. I think he had lived more than 26 years, because he was very intelligent. The first days I wasn’t his close friend, but sometimes we talked many hours in the university about some physical homework, because he was very excited about this skill. Little by little, we started to be friends and I like so much speaking with him. He was very humble and tried to give me some advices. His story was a good lesson for everybody. We went to Bogotá and we were like brother and sister. He went to my house and all my family love him. If I needed something, he always helped me and I tried to help too. He was a very special friend who taught me this phrase: “In life, there are two ways: Realities and excuses, but the excuses don’t work, so try to make the best realities”.
He was a close friend and we have remained friends since I was in the university. But the last semester he went to work to special place next to the Pacific Ocean to study Malaria (a terrible disease), and I went to Sugarcane Research Center, so we only can communicate by e-mails.
Gustavo looked like an old and strange man, but he was really and incredible person who changed and enriched my life. Now I am very happy with my friend.☻☼☺

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

I'm curious why he looked old. I guess there was something in his personality that resembled that of an old person. When I was very young, my parents said I acted like an old man. "You are studying to be old," they said with a laugh.

Wed Oct 31, 02:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home