Wednesday, October 10, 2007

[Compare my two lives]

InJeong



Since I came to NewYork, I have discovered less differences than I expected between the U.S and Korea. I have been adjusting to changes in housing and routine.
My life in NewYork and my life in Korea have differed in terms of housing. Whereas I lived in a clean apartment, in NewYork I live in a small house. In Korea I could stay in the living room and other rooms. But in NewYork I spend time in my room only. In addition, I usually have to stay at home with my shoes or slippers on. In fact, Koreans don’t put on shoes at home.
My life in NewYork and my life in Korea have differd in terms of routine. While my life in Korea was busy, in NewYork I have spare time. In Korea, not only did I work for an advertising company, but I also worked until very late. Moreover, I often went to the office on weekends or holidays. In NewYork, on the other hand, not only do I have enough time for enjoyment but I also have become a student again. Moreover, I can go any where any time. But I am sometimes nervous because I have no income anymore.
Living abroad is hard. Differences such as housing and routine have been enjoyable or uncomfortable for me. Overall, I have found the adjustment enjoyable. I am often hard and miss my family but I try to enjoy myself in NewYork. It is an opportunity for enjoyment in my life. I think that it is difficult to meet a nice chance, because the chance dosen’t come to me often.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

What a paradox it is to find daily life both hard and enjoyable. The ability to live with such a paradox is indication of a courageous character.

Tue Oct 16, 03:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home