Wednesday, October 10, 2007

EUNJIN PARK WRITING

Since I came to New York, I have discovered more differences than I expected between the U.S and Korea. I have been adjusting to change in housing and daily activities.
My life in New York and my life in Korea have differed in terms of housing. While my room, which was in the house of my family, was more comfortable space for me. My room, which is just one room rented by a householder, in New York is less comfortable space because I live with unknown people who are also Korean. In Korea, not only was an apartment, but it also had a lot of furniture. Moreover, I could take a rest anytime by myself in my room. In New York, on the other hand, not only can not I use devices of other space for rest except the small room of mine. Moreover, my room has capeting and I am unused to such a mode of lifestyle. Indeed, the rent cost of New York is very expensive.
My life in New York and my life in Korea have differed in terms of daily activities. Whereas I lived with irregular plans for studying my major and working a partime job in Korea., in New York I lived with regular schedules for studying English alone. In Korea, I considered either a role of student in school or a role of daughter in family. In addition, I could not have enough time for myself because I should have many positions appropriate to each situation. On the other hand, I do keep the state of student only for English. It gives me a relaxing life in New York. I do not have to spend tome for other things. In addition, I usually get up early, at 6:30 and I go to school everyday from Monday to Friday. In fact, it is a good behavior for adapting to New York life that many New Yorkers start to work too early in the morning.


Living abroad is fun. Differences such as housing and daily activities have excited me. Overall, I have found the adjustment easy. I felt that New York is similar to Seoul in Korea. It is crowed, complicated and busy. Prices are also similar to Seoul. Both New York and Seoul are famous expensive cities in the world. Nowadays I could adapt to live in New York and I like to stay in here. Everything is fine except for live together my family. This opportunity of living abroad is very special time for me. I enjoy spending time in New York by me self.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Yes, living abroad is fun, but it certainly can be challenging.

Tue Oct 16, 02:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home