Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Between the U.S and Korea

Date: 10/10/07
Name: sunny


Since I came to New York, I have discovered more differences than I expected between the U.S and Korea. I have been adjusting to changes in feeling and daily routines. While my life in Korea was comfortable, my life in New York is uncomfortable. In Korea I not only had my friends, but I also lived with my family. Moreover, I wasn’t scared and nervous, because I was born and grew up in Korea. Indeed, my life in Korea was relaxed and pleasant. In New York, on the other hand, not only don’t I make many friends, but I also can’t fit in a New York life yet. Furthermore, I am losing my confidence a little bit and I don’t know the way that I can make American fiends. Indeed, I may not feel satisfied.

Living abroad is odd. Differences such as sights and places have interested me. Overall, I have found the adjustment enjoyable. Whereas I saw similar places and modern buildings in Korea, in New York I see different places and graceful buildings.

2 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Living abroad is odd indeed. Every day there is an enormous amount to learn. It takes years to absorb it all.

Tue Oct 16, 02:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with you. I feel very uncompotable in many parts in USA, especially in a subway. I think I am suffering culture shock. But I expect I will enjoy in USA someday.

Mon Jan 14, 03:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home