Wednesday, September 26, 2007

-Injeong, Choi-

I have had many new experiences since I came here. I have gone some special places in NewYork for the first time in my life.
When I went to the NewYork public library the first time, I was very surprised, because the interior was classical and it looked like a scene of a movie.

I have taken the subway a lot. The NewYork subway works for 24 hours so it’s very useful. And every month, I have bought a metro card that is unlimited for 30 days. So I need it when I sight see.

But in addition, I had a really extraordinary experience. One month ago, I met my friends in Manhattan. Around midnight, I should come back home, because it was too late. So I went to a subway station, and then I waited for my train.
I took a train and after that waited a long time. But I had to transfer trains once. So I was waiting for a train again. I had to take a local train, but only the express train came there. After I waited about an hour, I started feeling worried. Moreover I couldn’t understand the announcement. So I asked a person who worked in the metro. He said, ”Express trains changed to local ones now.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 20 minutes, E line train which is always express came the station. I have not taken the E train, so I worried about that. I decided that I asked again.
I asked, “Today didn’t express trains work?”
He said, “ Where did you go?”
I answered. “I wanted to go Grand Ave. station.”
Just that he said, “You could take this.”
I could feel relieved and I came back my home.
When I came home, it was at 2:30 in the morning.
The day was very tired and scary for me.
I am embarrassed on weekend and late night about that NewYork subways are very often change the schedule.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

In New York on the weekends and at night, a subway ride is seldom simple.

Thu Sep 27, 02:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home