Wednesday, October 10, 2007

it's not the big problem , you are only not getting used to it

Since I came to New York I have discovered more differences than I expected between the U.S. and Thailand. I have been adjusting to changes in Transportation and daily activities.

My life in New York and my life in Bangkok have differed in terms of Transportation. In New York not only trains have 2 types, local and express, in each line, abut also slow cars have to keep right. Moreover, the direction of traffic normally moves from the left to the right. Indeed, all of these make me a bit confused. In Bangkok, on the other hand, trains were very simples. They had no express. In addition, slow cars had to keep left. Furthermore, the direction of traffic usually moved from the right to the left. Indeed, I haven’t gotten used.

My life in New York and my life in Bangkok have also differed in terms of daily activities. In New York, most people wash clothes and dry them by machine outside the home, while In Bangkok, only few people did like in New York. Most people, even my family, used only washing machines in the house and never used drying machines. In New York, many prices exclude tax and sometimes deposit, such as soda pop. In Bangkok, Prices included tax already. In fact, I like tax included in the price because it is easy to set the budget to buy stuff.

Living abroad is fun. Differences such as Transportation and daily activities have confused me sometimes. Overall, I have found the adjustment difficult. Otherwise sometimes they are problems, only that I’m not getting used to them. I hope everything will be getting better.


Tum in NYC

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

I like your title a lot and your focus on specifics, supporting your main idea about differences.

Tue Oct 16, 03:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home