Wednesday, October 17, 2007

[My Best Friend]

-InJeong,Choi-
She was drawing in the art institute. She looked shy because she didn’t talk with strangers. She was tall and slim. Moreover, she had very long legs. (Most Asians’ legs are shorter than western people’s) She wore glasses and her hairstyle was short. Most middle school students must to keep short hair in Korea. The radio was playing there, and she sang in a small voice along with the music. When a teacher taught her, she rarely looked at me.

The next day, I went there again, because I tried to learn drawing pictures. When she saw me, I said “Hi, Which school do you go to?” We went to the same middle school for a year, and then we entered the same high school of art together.

While we were high school students, we always had a lunch, played and went back home. Sometimes I went to her house. She had a pet who was very fierce so I was scary of him. One day the pet bit my toe, so I was scaried of the dog even more. When I sometimes visited her home, her pet was in other room while I was staying at her home. When we were freshman in high school, on Christmas Day, we went to Myoung-Dong(Road of Youth) all day. There were many people and music. It was fantastic, because it was the first time that we were outside until very late.

Anyway, we became close friends and now she is my best friend. She was married last January. On her wedding day, I got her bouquet. I didn’t want to get the bouquet because our country has a superstition. The superstition, if I get bouquet I have to get married in 6 months. If I was not get married, I will not get married for 6 years. It passed 6 months but I don’t care. I don’t believe superstition. She is happy now and her husband is very kind. I hope she is happy.

Now I chat online with her everyday. We miss each other.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

I especially like the beginning of this compositon. You invite the reader into the scene. It is very believable and engaging.

Mon Oct 22, 12:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home