Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My experience of New York

Name : Sun hak Kim(sunny)
Teacher : Kevin
Date : 09/25/07


My experience of New York

I have had many new experiences since I came here. I have tried some foods for the first time in my life. When I was in my country, I’d often eaten Chinese food. But in New York, there are many Chinese restaurants and a lot of kinds of foods. So I’ve been surprised. I’ve tried to eat many Chinese foods.

Moreover, I have met many new people and have had some new friends. I have visited some interesting places. I have gone to the statue of liberty by a ship. I have walked on the Brooklyn Bridge.

When I came here on the first day, I felt a difference between the U.S and Korea. When I entered the Manhattan mall, someone was waiting for me holding open the door. I thought and said that I thanked him. I thought that he was very kind. But after a few days I knew that it was American’s culture. In Korea, many people are usually busy, and they aren’t concerned about other people. They just pass by not holding open the door some places.


I didn’t feel a culture shock, just felt a difference between two countries. I think that we have to learn good things about other countries’ cultures. Also we have to teach our good culture for other people.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

There are different ideas about private and public space and private and public behavior. This is a source of culture shock.

Thu Sep 27, 02:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home