Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Interesting Things since I have been here.

Name: Wut Yi Soe ( Callie )
Level: 4.3
Teacher Code: Kevin

Date:September.24th.2007(Mon)


Title: Interesting things since I have been here


I have had many experiences and a little bit of problems since I moved here. I have tried some foods for the first time in my life. I have eaten some breads, but I don’t like them too much. Last week, I tried Vietnamese food for the first time and thought it was delicious. But, it is not right for me.

I have met a lot of new people and have some new friends here. I have seen some behaviors I have never seen before, for instance, many fat girls in New York who wear tight shirts, blouses or something like that everyday. I think that it is not relaxing for them. But, they think that if they are dressed like that, it is so good-looking or in style for them.

I have visited some interesting places. I have gone to Borough of Coney Island, which is located in the Brooklyn. It is such a beach. I have played with my friends on the sand for a while and have walked with my friends along the beach. But I haven’t gotten to swim in the water. I have even gone to the playground which is located near the beach. It is such a nice one as well.

Another one that I have visited in New York is Time square. I like that place very much. Most of the people have a wish that if they arrived as a tourist to New York, they want to go there. It is located in the Borough of Manhattan. In that place, I have seen many shops and I have even gone shopping to most o the shopping malls, such as Macy’s, the Gap, Manhattan Shopping Mall, etc. That night view at that place is so cool and beautiful. However, I have gotten a little bit disturbed by how noisy it is because of the car horns and people’s shouting. No matter what was happening at that place, I liked that place. If I got a chance to go there, I hope I will go there again.
And then I have learned about looking for a part-time job. I have had job interview. I have gone to job fairs. I have seen used the Internet for my job search. Last week, I went to meet and owner of a restaurant. Unfortunately, we couldn’t adjust the time because I am a student. In any case, I got many advantages from moving here. I got many experiences and knowledge. Thus, I appreciated that.

2 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Yes, New York is a good place for shooping and for eating too.

Wed Sep 26, 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger the blog said...

Some people say that New Yorkers are unfriendly. As a New Yorker, I believe that is not true.

Thu Sep 27, 02:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home