Monday, July 23, 2007

a person who changed my life

Finally i could move into my new apartment.I enjoyed my new house. i waked up early on the first day. when i was cleaning my kitchen,i heard a ring . who was it? when i open the door, i found a man who had strong arm smiling to me.He said :"welcome!i am a delivery-man for the fresh milk company,would you like to order milk every morning." i wanted to do it,because i could get my breakfast easier. He gave me a paper,i signed the paper,the business was fast.when he said good bye to me,i found he was lame. he had a strong body,tall with a very short hair,but his legs were not the same size.i lived the fifth floors without an elevator. i looked at him leaving,and thought what a life he had.
the life was simple but happy.every morning he sent the milk on time. when he rang at my door,i just got up.he was my alarm.after a few weeks,i knew his name---young lee,he hurt his leg by sickness. i was so sorry that he had to walk five floors every morning,he always smiled and said thanks .
The other day,when i was woken up by the storm,i thought i wanted to stay home to be absent from my meeting.i turned on my TY,enjoyed the morning program."ding dong" i heard the ring from my door,i was surprised that he could send milk on time today.
When i open the door,i found he wore a big coat,his face was all covered with water.he smiled to me.
"good morning ,sir ."it sounded very happy," i was lucky,could be here on time."
i took the milk from his hand quickly,then held his hand:" Please come in,you need to take a break."
he moved his body slightly.i found his feet were bare,the water dropped his feet from the bottom of his trouser legs. these were different size feet.,but they stood strongly on the floor.
he smiled with gratitude: " thank you,i had to deliver another bottle of milk"
I turned back, took a dry towel to give him,he moved his feet back and said," sorry, my face is dirty,do not worry,i am used to doing it."
I was excited," you work so hard."
He smiled, "this is my job."
Looking at his back,I observed that he was lame but he moved quickly with his bare feet. i stood at my door a moment, i remenbered my meeting."this is my job!" i thought. the storm was still there but i wanted to drink the milk, then go to meeting on time!

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

I really like this story. You recognize the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Sat Jul 28, 06:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home