Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Immigrating To America Changed My Life

Jiang , LiZhen

02/08/2006

Midterm Test : Writing

Last year , I landed at Laguardia airport in New York . I felt very excited . I took a plane for the first time , and flew to America . It was a long journey . In addition , it meant that my new life had started . My dreams would come true .

After I had stayed in New York for ten days , I found I had to face many problems and solve many problems by myself , like renting an apartment , finding a job , finding a day-time school , cooking , and speaking a new language . However , I wasn’t familiar with this new environment . I thought to myself how I should do .

In China , I often relied on my parents at home . My parents prepared meals every day for me . They provided food , clothes , and housing for me , so I didn’t worry about these things .

Now my parents aren’t near at hand . I only rely on myself . I must learn to grow up and become independent . I encourage myself to open a newspaper about housing rental ads , then call a landlord , and make respective appointments . Also , I use the internet of the library near my home to find a school . Furthermore , in my apartment , my landlord teaches me cooking . She is a kind person .

At last , my problems are solved one by one , but I know I will meet others in the future , and I believe myself to boldly face them and solve them .

How much can a person develop his potential ? I don’t know this answer . I think a person who makes an effort has unlimited opportunities.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dreams need action!!!

Sun Oct 11, 03:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home