Wednesday, February 08, 2006

telc students and teacher

Angelica M. Garcia Barona 2/8/06

THE PLACE THAT CHANGED MY LIFE

It was a beautiful view with thousands of lights white, yellow, red and sometimes green, and big buildings that could only exist in New York City. It was on February 24/2005 when I came to NYC for the fifth time, but with a different plan; it was not vacation, at this time I came to stay for a long time.

I have been living in NYC for almost a year, and when I came here, I knew that my whole life was going to change, but I did not know much. I came to NYC not only looking for a better future, likes everybody, but also because I needed a quick change in my life. Although, I do not want to be here, because I miss my mother and sister, I know that NYC it is the best place where I can make my dreams come true.


Since I have been here, I started studying English. Fist I went to The YMCA ELS program in Manhattan. Not only did my father want me to study English, but also Y knew that I needed it, if I was going to live in America for a while. Furthermore, I started to work as a cashier in a supermarket close to my house. Then, I went to LaGuardia CC to study English in a formal way.


Living in NYC those last months, I have learning many things about life, money, love, family and career that I had not known before I came to NYC. For example, how important the family is, if you want to have something in your life you must save money, having a couple to cheer up your feelings is very important but it is not everything, and also keeps studying. It is a choice that you make for life, but if you have the opportunity do not let it go, because the knowledge is the only thing that nobody can steal from you. In fact, when you life in different situations it is always going to be difficult and going to make you stronger than before, but also you can look at your experiences in another way.

Consequently, of living in NYC I am a stronger person with fewer defects and with more experiences to cheer me up. I do not know if someday I would like to live in America or if I will get my goals, bur I know that coming to NYC was a good decision that changed my life in everything and can continue changing until I get my near term goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home