Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Boss who changed my life

Faan Kanjanapatee
Boss who changed my life

The first day, I saw him. He was a fifty-three year old man. Not only did he have the same age as my father, but he was also kind. He was a millionaire who had many companies. He was an entrepreneur of many hotels and resorts. He was my previous boss who changed my life.
I had been graduated with environmental research chemistry, faculty of science in 2002. For my first job, I worked in a manufacture as a quality management representative. It was kind of a routine job and I did a lot of documents about ISO 9001:2000. My colleagues always took advantage of me and gossiped about me. I was unhappy, depressed as well as stressed. Thus, I decided to look for a new job and I asked my mind “what do you really want to do”.
I was going to find a job about hotels and tourism. I sent my resume to a resort which was located on the Lanta island in the south of Thailand. Fortunately, he called me and he told me that he was an owner of the resort. I didn’t believe him but I talked with him politely. I asked myself, “why did he call me by himself, not HR staff?”
He asked me that why I was interested in this job in spite of my not having any experience in the hotel field before. I answered, because I wanted to change my life and now I knew exactly what I wanted. Consequently, he sent me to a hotel in Bangkok to train me. I started to study about pastries, beverages, foods, customer relations, front office, etc.
It changed my life completely like a child who walked in to a candy shop. I enjoyed it very much. Finally, he sent me to work in a resort as outlet manager. I worked there for three years and he gave me so much confidence. He was always kind to me and talked to me like a father talked to his daughter.
He is my inspiration. I really admired him. If I never met him, I would not have a good chance to change my life. Now, I’m in New York and I have a plan. I will study in the hotel and tourism management. Then, I will come back to Thailand and work in his resort again. Thank God for him. He is the wind beneath my wings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home