Wednesday, December 01, 2004

telc students and teacher

telc students and teacher



Silvia Costa 12/01/04



The way I feel in here


I feel uncomfortable in the U.S because, I have felt lonely. Most of the people in Brazil don’t feel this way.
In Brazil, people have more time to enjoy their life. Always on Friday after work we used to go to a bar, meet friends and drink. On Sunday it looks like a traditions to go to our families’ houses and eat there. In contrast, in the U.S I don’t have enough time to enjoy my life because I’m very busy, and don’t have family in here. Sometimes I have felt we are a machine that we have to run on time.
People in Brazil think that money is important in order to have a good life, status, but enjoying life is better. They don’t feel tired if they have to go out every night, and work the next day. It seems that they don’t think about tomorrow. Here in the U.S sometimes we feel so tired that we got home, and the only thing we want to do is sleep. On the other hand social life in the U.S is very expensive, so we can’t spend much money that we have worked so hard the whole week in one night even though we have to think about the next day maybe work or making some arrangement.
I think the most important reason I felt sometime lonely here is that I don’t have as many friends as I had in Brazil, and anytime I had a problem I knew that someone would help me in some way. In the U.S most of the friendships are more complicated because they are individualists and cold. Sometime I have felt like I have to be strong, and try my best to resolve my own problem.
I remember that year I came to U.S. On Christmas Eve that I felt so sad because, I wasn’t with my family, and I couldn’t celebrated that night like I used to. I was alone and I didn’t do anything because I didn’t have friends. However, Christmas Eve for me is to be with my family or people that I’m close.
The reason for the difference I feel in the U.S is that I have gotten a lot experience, I become strong, and I’m not afraid to try a new thing. In Brazil I was thinking in a different way to get my goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home