Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lucy Martinez

Lucy,

Thanks for writing about your partner Carmen, who comes from a long country where the seasons are the opposite of here.

You should read the NEW VERSION I have posted below and learn from the CHANGES in CAPITAL LETTERS. There are only a few, but in writing small mechanical elements are important. Focus on them to improve your writing and grammar for speaking too.

Your sense of humor makes this enjoyable to read.


(new version)


I HAVE MET A new partner.  HER (capital H because it's a new sentence) name is Carmen Vergara. Her MOTHER is A secretary and her father is dead.

They live in Chile.Her MOM is 55 yearS old. She TOLD me her MOM is very strict WITH all the childREN.

Carmen TOLD me her favorITE SUBJECT was math because she likes numbers. Carmen came to New York because SHE MISSED her sister and TO study English (capital E). She has a PLAN to stay one year. She TOLD me SHE likeS New York (capital N and Y) because IT IS a beautiful CITY, and her favoritE place is Italy. She said SHE never textS when SHE is walking, only when she is driving.




(original version)

I met new partner her name is Carmen Vergara. Her mather is secretary and her father is dead.
They live in Chile.Her mam is 55 year old. She tall me her mam is very strict whit all the child.
Carmen tall me her favory asigment was math because she likes numbers. Carmen came to New York because missing her sister and study english. She has a plane to stay one year. She tall me like new york because es a beautiful country, and her favority place is Italy. She said never text when is walking only when she is driving .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home