Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sharing a song

 Please share a favorite song by clicking on the Movie Icon above (middle right). Then search for a Youtube video. Work with a partner. Help each other.

Then write a little about why you chose the song.

Below is a favorite song of mine, "I Wish I Could Know How It Feels To Be Free," sung by Nina Simone. I chose it because I like it. A few months ago I was bicycling and stopped and heard someone playing the song in their car. It was the first time I had heard the song in many years and I still liked it a lot. I like the singers voice, which is both soft and hard. The song was popular during the Civil Rights Movement, when Martin Luther King Jr. and others were working to gain equal rights for people, regardless of race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home