Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The difference between this school and past school.

HONG JUN KO
I am in NY to study english. And I've studied in a private institute in seoul.
A reason that I studied in the institute in korea was to get a high score on TOEIC test.
So i am going to compare with private institute in korea and the Laguardia ESL.
The institute was in korea.So there were allmost all koreans but the Laguardia ESL are many diverse country students.
And not only was the institute class in korea smaller than the laguardia ESL, but students in korea were also more entusiastic than Laguardia ESL students.Moreover, the students in the institute were calmer than students here.On the other hand, the institute in korea not only wasn't as good for me as the laguardia,but the institute in korea wasn't as useful as the Laguardia.
Because many korean students tend to study in institute of english in korea due to the TOEIC test.
We have to get a high score to get a bettet job and better opportunity but that has a problem that the institute makes students only get a high score.
So the students can get high score on TOEIC but they can't speak englsh with a foreigner, even a simple sentence and neither can I in korea.
I diskiked myself that despite i've studied for more 6 in school ,I can't speak even a little bit.
that's the why i decided to come to NY and started to study Laguadia.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

You made a strong, courageous decision to learn English in New York.

Sat Apr 07, 06:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home