Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A Difficult Decision - Karol Rodriguez

A DIFFICULT DECISION



One year ago I was in my home insisting on finding a job in my major, but the economic and employment situation in my country was difficult and I didn’t get or find any job. I stayed in my home for six months worried about my future and bored because I didn’t have anything to do.

After those six months I talked with my parents about my thinking about having a trip, my thinking about going to New York to study English and work too. My parents asked me if I was sure about those decisions and also they said to me that all the things that I decided in my life they approved.

I thought a lot about my decision because it is hard leave your family, your country, your friends, your customs and go to other place where you are strange and also you don’t know many things such as the language, taking the subway, the city and the behavior of different cultures and people.

Finally I decided to come to New York. I arrived here in July of 2004. I started study English in La Guardia Community College. I feel good because I get independence, now I appreciate more things in my live and also I learn a lot every day. However I missed my country and my parents. I hope to learn English very quickly to return to my city and enjoy new things.


KAROL RODRIGUEZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home