Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mary and Sophia's Date
Mary : How long did the last performance you went to last
Sophia: It lasted 3 hours
Mary : woow that's interesting and how long did it take you to get from park to theatre?
Sophia: It took me 10 minutes to get from park to theatre, I thinking to go to watch a movie.
Do you want to go with me?
Mary : yes, I will like too.
Sophia: How long did the last movie you saw last?
Mary : It lasted 1:45
Sophia: How long did it take you to buy the tickets?
Mary : It took me 5 minutes. I bought online.
Sophia: So, I see you this friday?
Mary : It's ok.. Bye
Sophia: Bye
 
 
Brenda, 
 
You created a drama with characters. They even have names. 
 
These are some notes about the writing:
 
Mary's first question has correct grammar, and so does Sophia's answer. 
 
In Mary's next line, "Wow" is usually spelled with just one "o" (but maybe you meant to give more emotional impact by making it double "o"). 

"Park" and "theatre" need DEFINITE ARTICLES. It should be "the park" and "the theatre."

The INDEFINITE ARTICLE "a" is correct in "a movie" because we don't know which movie.
 
But the correct construction before that is "be + thinking+ of + VERB+ing" 
 
(I'm thinking of going to a movie).

"I would like to" is correct. "I will like to" is incorrect. 

For invitation questions and answers, the polite form is this:

"Would you like to + VERB (base form)?
 
"Yes, I would like to (or just "Yes, I would.")
 
BASE FORM is the dictionary form of the verb, with no conjugation (no ing, ed, s, etc.) For example, the base form of "took" is "take" and the base form of "was" is "be."
 
Everything else is correct until "I bought online." 

"Buy" is a TRANSITIVE VERB, which must have an OBJECT. 

"I bought them online" is correct. "Bought" is the OBJECT."
 
INTRANSITIVE VERBS don't need an OBJECT. For example, "rain" is an INTRANSITIVE VERB, so you can say "It's raining," which has no OBJECT. 
 
"I see you this Friday" is future, so it should be "I will see you this Friday." In conversation, people usually shorten "I will" to "I'll).
 
Finally, "It's okay" is grammatically correct, but the meaning is wrong. 
 
"It's okay" comes after an apology and means "Don't worry about it."

For example:
 
"Sorry I'm late."

"It's okay" (or "That's okay").

In your conversation, the correct sentence is just "Okay."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home