Wednesday, November 17, 2010

responding to good news

That's fantastic! Congratulations on V+ING

ot

That's great! Congratulations on your NOUN


1. I'm getting married!
2. I just got a promotion!
3. I just got a raise.
4. My wife just gave birth to a baby boy!
5. I got a high score on TOEFL!
6. I was accepted at Harvard University. (congratulations on being accepted....)
7. I passed the test!
8. My teacher promoted me to level 10 (congratulations on being promoted...)
9. I found an apartment.
10. I was hired by a Fortune Five Hundred company (.....on being + past participle..)
11. The doctor gave me a clean bill of health (on being + past participle)
12. I won $6,000 in the lottery.
13. I got a Green card.
14. I graduated from the Laguardia ESL program.
!5. I found a very nice roommate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home