Monday, March 10, 2008

“ Behavior in New York and Korea”

03/03 Ann

When I came here, I felt a lot of freedom, unlike in Korea. There is a difference between Korea and N.Y. I think the biggest difference is the personality of people. Americans are individualistic and more patient than Korans. Actually, Korean care most about other people and are considerate of other’s feeling or point of view. They tend to behave like others.
This is an example. When I went to school, in New York, at first, I didn’t know what to wear. Because of my consideration of being seen by other people. I thought that if I wore strange clothes, they would think about me as a strange or ridiculous woman. Bit it was my mistaken though. Nobody cares about me. It was very strange. In Korea, many people gossip about other people who wear old-fashioned clothes or unique things. So people always care about other people, even their clothing or accessory.
Another difference is people’s patience. Koreans are well known as hurrying about anything. I was waiting for a bus. There was such a long line in front of a bus stop. The bus came. One people was riding on the bus but he didn’t prepare the bus fare before riding a bus. So I had to wait for him for a moment. I couldn’t understand and was upset. In Korea, most people prepare something before doing. In Korea, if I didn’t prepare my bus fare before riding a bus, people didn’t like me and were a little upset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home