Monday, March 10, 2008

Unforgettable Experiences!!!

During the last seven years I have been coming to New York. Every year I was visiting my mother in summertime and each time was amazing and unforgettable. My mother and I enjoyed many experiences together and now when we remember them we laugh. Moreover, each moment left an important message of life in our lives.
Almost five years ago, it was time to go back to Colombia because it was enough vacations for me and I had to keep going to school. My flight took off at 7:00 am and I was supposed to be at JFK airport three hours beforehand. I was in good time; but while my aunt was taking out the suitcases to the lobby of the building to put them in the car, someone got them. When my mother went out of the apartment, she did not see them.
"Oh my goodness!" she said. "It has been stolen!" My mother, my aunt and I looked for them all over the building and we could not find them. Just then, some neighbor came and asked us that what was going on and he help us. After many minutes, he found a man who has them, and that guy told us that he had found them outside an apartment on the seventh floor. Obviously, we did not believe him but we were thankful to that man. My suitcases were opened but everything was in there.
Even so, I was very late at the time. Everybody was anxious and stressed because my flight almost left without me.
That experience was unforgettable for us but the most important point was we learnt a message of life... We can not trust everybody and think they are like us!!!

Diana Mejia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home