Monday, March 10, 2008

While I Walk in Manhattan...

Sandy.


I have been living in New York for over a year. In my first plan, I was supposed to be in Korea now. I might be thrilled about starting the semester at my university and I also might be busy. However, I'm still in New York. Why do humans live following the time? The time gives all to people the same day. However, people spend their time by daily schedule. It's extremely different, like the differnces of people's faces.

Yesterday, I strolled in Manhattan alone. I walked on Broadway and Union Square and then I looked at strangers on the street without thinking. And I looked up at many high buildings and I also looked up at the sky. I asked myself, "What do you want in your mind? What is the important thing in your life? Why are you living here now?"
While I was walking around, I realized that I've been busy and I thought I lived hard but I had missed some important thinking for a long time. These days I was depressed and there was darkness in my mind because I didn't like my life especially lately.
Strangely, when I walked in Manhattan, I was happy. There was nothing changed. By the way I just was thankful about being alive in the present and being able to move everywhere. At that time, I wanted to shout this, "I'm still in New York. I can start again!" Actually, I couldn't do that because many people might think that she was crazy. I felt very glad because I'm living here and I have my future in New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home