Monday, January 14, 2008

Helping my mother

Last summer vacation, I lived in Korea, I used to help my mother. She is a teacher, so she is very busy. But I had a lot of free time. From that vacation on, my house working started. I cleaned the house, washed the dishes sometimes cooked a dinner. And I had a part-time job something like teaching high school students. I made money and gave my mother small amounts of earned money. She was glad, because after working, she felt tired so she didn’t want to do house work. And earning money is also a reason that she felt happy. Every vacation I used to work and help her, but now I can’t help her. Sometimes I call her. She says “Oh, my lovely girl. I miss you. Our home got dirty when you went to America.” And then I smile, because of her joke. I miss my mother. If I go back to Korea, I’ll help her more than in the past.

-Ann

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are good daughter! When I was in Korea, I didn't help my mother but I miss my mother, too! ^^

Mon Jan 14, 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger the blog said...

There's an old saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Sometimes distance makes us appreciate people and places.

Wed Jan 16, 02:21:00 AM  
Blogger the blog said...

Living away from parents, we understand what parents are, see their importance. A friend of mine has a brother who lives far from New York. They have gotten along much better since they stopped living in the same place- and when they do meet they are very happy.

Thu Feb 07, 03:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home