Monday, January 14, 2008

As a perfect daughter

Shin, Yoong-ah

Two years ago, I really helped my mother very hard during all my winter vacation. I got up early and prepared the meals for the family members. After having meals, I washed the dishes and cleaned rooms. I even did the laundry. I didn’t complain. I also studied hard. What a perfect daughter!

Of course, there was a rational reason. I had spoiled my exam. It was a very important exam to enter the university. My parents were very disappointed and a little bit angry, so I had to do chores to please them.

Then, to be honest, I didn’t do them for my pleasure, but because I had to. There was no alternative. Actually, they were dark days for me.

Fortunately, after that, I passed the exam so I could stop doing chores and escape from the darkness. I regained brightness and so I did my parents.

3 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

I also did chores for forgiving my spoiled exam. But I didn't forgive my mistakes. My mistakes were too big to forgive. If I had done my studying best , I could have passed exam. But that time, I didn't doing my best. -Ann

Mon Jan 14, 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger the blog said...

Someone said that failure is the first step to success. Of course, our reaction matters. Yours really was exemplary.

Wed Jan 16, 02:23:00 AM  
Blogger the blog said...

Someone said contrasts are important. Dark times in our lives help us to appreciate the light times. Some Greek philosophers called "stoics" suggested that it isn't events themselves but our opinions of events that create happiness or unhappiness.

Thu Feb 07, 03:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home