Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Learnig more

The most important thing in my life is continuing to learn because I believe that people are born to learn something. This idea is from Buddha’s teaching, reincarnation. It means that people are born to learn and you can go to higher level in the next world than the this world. Learning something is sometimes fun and sometimes very hard but if you escape from the pain of learning, you could get less from your life and you would repeat the same level life in the next world.

I disliked to study in my school days. I did not study at home but did homework. I did not have purposes in my life and living without difficulty was my hope. As my parents desired, I went to go to University, spent time in vain. After I graduated from University, I became a newspaper reporter because it seemed a brilliant job.

However the job was so hard for me. I held the field of education and justice as soon as I join the company. I wrote articles about the baseball competition of High school, incidents, accidents and trials. I did not have enough knowledge about them, so, I took for a long time even though a small article.

Especially my reports of the baseball competition of High school were terrible. I am embarrassed as I remind about at that time. I was not interested in baseball and I did not know even which way a batter ran after he hit. Anyway, I had to write articles. I kept the score, took picture, asked another other newspaper’s reporter whom I should have interviewed. When I asked players some questions about a game, they were often confused and laughed because my questions were beside off the point. Not only did not I know about baseball rule, but also I did not know about baseball slang. They were like a code for me. I wrote articles somehow, but it was rewritten completely by my boss. “I want to quit the job now.” I thought.

The reports continued for 2 weeks, I was exhausted but I went on the work. I was accustomed keeping the score, taking pictures and interviewing day by day. Also, I made good relationships with players and I could bring out interesting information from them sometimes. I understood how they had used efforts for the competition and cheered them from my heart.

The last day, the final game was excited. It was a close game and I knew that all players fought tooth and nail. I concentrated and released shutters. When the game finished, I was stunned because I was impressed by the game.

The experiences made me realized that learning was wonderful. There are a lot of things to learn from family, friend and hobbies except jobs. I want to try learning more.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Sometimes challenge brings out the best in us. We discover who we are and surpass our own expectations. Sometimes success is the least important thing.

Tue May 22, 10:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home