Monday, May 16, 2005

A Wondering Witch

A Wondering Witch

People have a big heads. When I was younger, I always thought about that.

However, my old coworker had wondering hands. When she touched their big head with her wondering hands, their head was getting small and beautiful. She looked like she was using magic on their head. I thought she was really a witch, wasn’t she? I was fascinated by her!

When I started to learn cutting people’s hair, I looked at her hands and her position and I practiced it every night after work. At the same time I caught models as much as I possibly could on the street, which looks like 42nd street. I needed a lot of real heads.

However, I was always thinking about why people have big heads and why wasn’t it a measure in the air? If I could cut well, I would not feel that people have a big head. And I thought if there was a measure in the air, cutting peoples hair was easier. I was spoiled because I was confused about how I could cut peoples hair. I didn’t have any idea. It was too complicated for me.

One day I asked her about it. She told me, “Don’t rush, keep your practice everyday but keep concentrating for short periods of time. If you feel ad or you don’t want to learn that, you should take a rest. One day, suddenly you can realize it.

I was still in a dark tunnel, but I believed her and I kept practicing.

As time went by, I realized that I could do as she did. I felt wonder. I couldn’t believe that but I could! Maybe her spell was cast on me. Now I also look like a witch. I am really thankful to her for cheering me and giving good advice to me. I could become a hair stylist.

Lately, I think that learning English is similar to learning cutting peoples hair. I thought that I over and over wanted to give up again but I couldn’t because of her; who always helped me like a parent. Therefore, she is a my wonderful witch forever.
Masako Akagawa

2 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

your story is very fun you have to teach me witch stufs

Wed May 18, 03:23:00 PM  
Blogger the blog said...

your story is very fun you have to teach me witch stufs

Wed May 18, 03:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home