Tuesday, April 16, 2013

for Elvire, Anil and Carolina

Elvire, Anil and Carolina, thank you for your drama. This is a conversation teachers and students have many, many times. The teacher is always happy to hear that students did homework and found it easy and interesting.  In an ESOL class, the homework is interesting because the students are interesting.  

 

Please take a look at the rewritten drama "from the teacher" below and compare it to the original. There are two more commas. Also, there is no comma before "because." Everything else was correct.

 A comma is this: ,


 

from the teacher:

-Teacher Elvire: How are you guys? Did you do homework for today?
 
-ESOL student Anil: I'm good, teacher. Yes, I did.
-U.S. student Carolina: Did you understand that homework?
- Student Anil: Yes, I understood that homework because it was very easy and interesting.
 

original:

-Teacher Elvire: How are you guys? Did you do homework for today?
-ESOL student Anil: I'm good teacher. Yes I did.
-U.S. student Carolina: Did you understand that homework?
- Student Anil: Yes, I understood that homework, because it was very easy and interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home