Saturday, May 03, 2008

My Dreams

My name is Rocio Escobar from Lima Peru. About 9 years ago I came to New York with my daughter Carolina. At first it was really hard to adapt me to a new place, weather and people, but God is great, now I feel more confidence, and my daughter will go to College this Fall. I am studying English at La Guardia Community College to improve my economic situation and continuing my career. I am a Psychologist in my country, so I have to continue my education to get any job in relation with it. I hope to get my dreams, It's really hard when I have to work and also study and much more when I have to see my daughter about her education. Meanwhile, I translated my degree and then I have to rivalidate some courses that is necessary. Study English is difficult however I try to do my best. I always think that one person have to struggle for everyhing that is necessary; in this country I see a lot oportunities to achieve your goals and I know with the help of God and some people will reach everyhing on what I am trying to reach.
In Lima, Peru I was working as a Psychologist and at any times as a Teacher of learning disabilities with children. It was a great experience for me, thus I worked in that field around 15 years and I knew distinguished professionals in that area, also I heard speeches, lectures, and congress about that. I miss very much regarding that.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Rocio,

Your positive attitude, ability to see opportunities, is an inspiration to your classmates. You give courage to take on challenges and enjoy them.

Fri May 09, 09:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home