Monday, July 16, 2007

A Trip with A Young Girl

Ji Yeon Yeo

It was from February,14,2003 through March,12,2003 that my friend and I traveled in Thailand. We had chosen Thailand for our trip because korea had been so cold and we had wanted a warm country to travel.
We traveled in many areas in Thailand. I have an unforgettable impression in my mind in an area, but I don't remember the name because we went there and we had not had a plan. When we arrived there, we didn't have information about there. At first, we found a hotel, but we couldn't find the location, so we walked a very long time, and then, we saw a bicycle rental and we borrowed a bicycle and I rode with her.
While we were riding the bicycle, we saw many dogs on the road and we said,"Bow Wow,"after which many dogs followed us. We were very surprised and I rode very fast. The dogs followed us a lomg distance. When the dogs didn't follow us, we stopped on the road. We were so tired and thirsty. We went to a supermarket and asked about a hotel, but a worker didn't speak English. At that time, we heard english from a young girl and we were suprised. She was so young!! We spoke with her and we played with her. When we said,"Bye" to her, she asked us, "Do you want to sleep in my room?" We were so lucky!! We went to her house and she introduced her family to us. They were kind and they gave us information about the area.
The next day, she guided us in the area and she explained about it. During this time, we were going past a market and she looked at a rabbit a long time, so I bought the rabbit and I gave it to her for a present of thanks. She was delighted and I was also delighted. When we came to her room, we made the rabbit's house and we gave it the name "Touki", because Touki means "rabbit" in Korean.
When I came to my house, I developed the film and I sent her the photos, but she didn't answer to the photos. Maybe, she couldn't answer, because she was so young and her English was not good, so there was no need for apprehension about no answer.
She was so young, but her kindness was like that of an adult and she gave me happy memories. I want to travel without a plan like this travel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home