Monday, July 16, 2007

My first trip in NY by Joy

Last Wednesday, Independence day, I went on a picnic to Bear mountain and 7 lakes with my relatives. I had looked forward to that day because my aunt usually had said, "It is a very beautiful place and someday you have to go there." I really had wanted to go.

We started at 9:30 a.m preparing sandwiches and kimbabs which were made from seaweed, rice, tuna, eggs, cheese and so on. From the window of a car, I could saw many tall trees in a forest and also overlooked the town. It made me feel peaceful and have fun. The road curved around a mountain and I found a carcass of a deer while riding in the car. On the roads of Korea, this situation was not common so I realized that I was in New York.

When arriving at the peak of Bear mountain, I took a lot of pictures as proof that I made it. There were many motorcycle riders. They seemed th be taking a tour. I wanted to take a picture with them and tried that because I like motorcycles like Harley Davidson and Honda. Then we moved to one lake(I forgot the name) of 7 lakes. I'd never seen such a large lake! I enjoyed taking a boat and I especially liked to pose in many different position on it because it was a thrill.

In the late afternoon, I ate a baby rib in a famous restaurant in Rockland. As I sometimes had had that food with my friend in my country, I gave myself up to deep emotion. In addition, it tasted very good.

After lunch, my aunt recommended going to a bread factory near there. According to her saying, not only did they sell many kinds of bread, but also those were cheap. Actually, they were. That was the last course of my trip.
I really had a blast for 1 day. I was with my relatives and went to many nice place I'd never been. I am sure that the memory of my first trip in New York will remain for a long time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home