Sunday, April 08, 2007

self introduction

I was born in Istanbul in 1985 which is as crowded and big city as New York. I can separate my life into two things; the first one being in Turkey and the other one being in America. Because being here has changed my world opinion and I have learned so many things and had so much experience during my time in America.
My career is mechanical engineering, for which I went to 3 years high school about mechanics. During the senior high school education I worked 9 months at a government company, where I had a great deal of experience. After the high school I decided to go a university, the name of which is Sakarya University. I chose my major in same mechanical program which was two years. I did not have much practice, I just worked three weeks in a private company, so I did not gain so much experience, but my graduate grades were high. After I wanted to come to the USA because of my career and education. I had here a brother already who had come to America formerly.
When I arrived to America in September 2005, I did not have English I just knew – hello, how are you etc. – so I had boring days. But in the course of time I have improved my English skills and met new people. During this time also I had some wrong effects such as; work. It was very bad for me because after the school I went to work and did not study English, thereby losing little time to start a university program. But I quitted my work and decided to study, also soon start a university degree program.
I like to meet new people, spend my time and go somewhere with them. I like so much swimming, reading, biking bicycle, walking, and listening to music. I want to play guitar but I think that I don’t have playing ability. I hate caring for a pet at home but I like them. My lifestyle is to improve my career, learn new things and meet with useful people. I am interested in surfing on the internet, especially finding a good university. I don’t know if I can start a university in short-time or can I be successful in school?
I think that life in NY so much hard especially for us migrated people, continuously we have to be careful and in the shortest time must learn English. I think so much about how America has been good for me and I realized really America has improved me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home