Wednesday, May 18, 2005

An X Hobby.By. Oscar Vargas

A few years ago I was training in search and rescue, and one of the skills that I had developed, was descending on rappel along walls. For some people that is a dangerous activity, but for my team and I was an x-treme hobby.

At the beginning of my training rappel, was only another part of my work, after that, it was a hobby for me. We were training at least twice a week, not only on artificial walls, but also on the walls of the highest buildings, moreover on trees and in whatever high place.

When I finished my training, I decided on continuous practicing therefore, the next year I was instructor for the freshmen and I taught my hobby. Fortunately, I learned rappel because it was let me help some people and let me descend from a helicopter.

A lot of people practice rappel around the world, one for work and somebody else for sport. However, I like to think of that as a hobby. In the past two years I couldn’t practice rappel. Nevertheless, I still have the skills to do it.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

I think if you work in a hospital emergency room, you can use the same kind of mental and physical discipline you gained from rescue work.

Tue May 31, 10:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home