Wednesday, May 18, 2005

KAROL RODRIGUEZ

KAROL RODRIGUEZ
MAY 18, 2005


MY FAVORITE HOBBY


When I was a child I loved to watch soccer on the television with my father. I really enjoyed that activity. I knew that I was a girl and this sport was considered for boys. However, I didn’t care.

When I was in the High School I played different sports with my friends. Not only did I play basketball, but I also played volleyball. Moreover, sometimes I played soccer. We played everyday.

While I was in the school I always was busy in sport activities. However, I was worried about stopping doing sports when I entered the university. In the university, the first semester was boring because I only studied all the time. In the second semester my life changed forever because I met a cocker team of women and they proposed I be a member of the team. I couldn’t believe it. It meant changing my monotonous life because I needed training twice a week and had matches on the weekend.

I started to train. The first time I went to the field, I saw the beautiful green of the grass, smelled the special odor there and felt the relaxed environment. Therefore, I began to practice my favorite and lovely hobby until now.

I played soccer four years ago. I can’t exactly describe my feelings when I kick the ball. It was amazing and relaxed me a lot. In addition, I learned a lot practicing this sport, not only physically and mentally, but also in growing my personality and friendship. Moreover, I learned to lose and win.

Finally, I hope to practice soccer for a long time because I consider that a good sport and I enjoy and am happy when I do it.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Karol,

You explored an aspect of sports many people ignore- the sensory experience. The smell of grass, the fresh air, contact with the natural environment are a big part of the joy- of being alive.

Tue May 31, 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home