Wednesday, February 02, 2005

telc students and teacher

telc students and teacher

asuka hishiki

Hiddin Narure

It seems most Japanese people have no religion, so I think it could be true. However, we are forced to realize what religion we have. A funeral should follow the religion that involve burning a person. A funeral in Japan usually has particular rules. I had two grandfathers and grandmothers, it’s common sense, but they all were alive until I went to junior high school. Each time a grandparent died, I should take part in their funeral and help it. I felt really strange in the funeral. Everything was governed by strict rules, and I thought nobody cared about the person who had died a few days ago. The dead body was made up to look like they alive lively. It’s not only for women but also men. As a result, they resembled a doll, not a human body.


After graduated school, I read a lot of books. (I really love to read books because books gift me many interesting, new information and fresh view of point. In addition, books can wait for me until I think and understand what it is saying.) According to several books, the modern culture wants to hide nature including our own birth and death from real world. I would rather not to say about why because it is a long story. At that time, it became clear what the strange feeling I had been wondering at the funeral was. I think that birth and death are important and necessary part of life, but no one can control them. Even it belongs to our own body. In human history, we tried to make everything to control, that’s why people need to keep them away from our environment.
I think, in Japan, we are inclined a little bit stronger than before.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Your idea about books waiting for you to be able to understand them is interesting. It suggests that books are alive, in a way. Some books are good to return to as you get older. It can be like meeting an old friend.

Sat Feb 05, 03:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home