Monday, March 10, 2008

LOST IN NEW YORK

One year ago, I didn’t know The New York city very well. I felt lost in the city. For me every place was new, but I wanted to know everything and be able to drive with certainly.

One day my uncle explained to me how to go to my other uncle’s house. I lived on Long Island and my other uncle lived in Queens. So my uncle said, “Are you sure that you can go there”, I said yes. Then after two hours driving I was lost and I didn’t want to call my uncle. I could arrive at my uncle’s Queens house because New York City has wonderful traffic signs.

That day I cried because a felt frustrated but at the same time I could compare my country with The United States. My country does have enough traffic signs for cases like this.

Right now, when I drive in New York city, I feel very sure and calm because I only have to pay attention at the traffic signs. I think this situation helped me and was a good experience for improving my driving in the crazy traffic of New York.

I remember my city, when I need to go to a specific place I had to take a taxi because I could find the address. I kwon my city very well but a think that I usually visited the same places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home