Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New York should clean town up!

When I first come to New York, I was impressed that it is dirty, noisy and smelly here. In Japan, there are clean cities, quiet everywhere and it is not smelly. I was surprised by them.

In the case of the subway, it is not comfortable. It's like an earthquake. I couldn't keep standing without holding something. It is dangerous there! Also subway’s announcements are not clear. I couldn’t catch what it said. The American subway often changes traffic and schedule, so I was often confused about that. I had never gotten that experience. Moreover, it is very smelly. My nose would break.

In New York, there are too many homeless. I was surprised by it. Of course, Japan also has them but they are less than America. However, I was also surprised about the care system of Americans for homeless, for example, donations, free food and shelter. In fact is it good idea? I have no idea. I think American people need to think other way. They have to think some ideas before it happen what they could do. It is a fact that they are never born homeless. I hope so.

In my case, I met a funny homeless guy. When I met him the first time, I couldn’t notice that he was homeless. He spoke to me when I sang songs in Washington Square Park. He was friendly. Then he gathered people in front of me, and also he gathered money from them. I thought he was a kind parson because he gathered money for me, but it was not that. Instead, he gathered money for himself. When I noticed that he had already disappeared in front of me. I could never experience such a thing if I didn’t come to New York.

The bottom line is that New York is dirty. In contrast, Japan is clean. They spend so much money cleaning up cities. The American government should think about doing that. They should give up spending money on unnecessary things. They have to clean town up, including the homeless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home