Wednesday, May 23, 2007

behavior New york and Turkey

I am from Turkey. I lived there many years and has been living in America since 2005. I have learned many things about cultures, life, native and other countries people, culture and behavior. I feel myself more comfortable, better and freer in America because nobody cares and meddles in my life. I think my country people are not individualistic and they are constantly broad-minded when they want to say or feel something. I saw in my country that people are really altruistic, especially in the part known as Anatolia. However, sometimes in big cities like Istanbul of these people can be rude.
For instance, I like clothing style in America because nobody says anything whether what I wear or my clothing is adaptable or not. I saw here every people can dress without thinking of other people. While the living in America I have never been used to American food culture because the tastes are different between the two countries and I hope I will like.
Other examples can be seen in our feelings about age, feelings about family, and attitudes about marriage. Since I came to America, I have seen that American girls and boys can be free after eighteen and they can live in a world of their own. In my country, girls and boys can live with their families until getting married or a long time. We have strong behavior that we learn to respect there older than us and elderly people from our families.
I have had many experiences in New York. For example, you can’t smoke in a close area and public zones here, but in Turkey you can smoke wherever you want. IT shows us, we don’t care about people's opinion and health.
America is a big country with a multi-ethnic culture and Turkey is a small country that has single-ethnic culture, but our culture I think is very old because it has come until today never changing since the Ottoman Empire. Firstly, I was not used to America’s multi –ethnic culture because it was really sophisticated for me but in the course of time I learned many things about multi-ethnic culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home