Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Dear Cindy Sheehan

Dear Cindy Sheehan,


I have received your letter and I know about your story, about the grief that you and so many other families are facing. I have heard about Camp Casey and about your opposition to the war.

First of all, I would like to let you know that I join with your suffering and I want you to accept my heartfelt sympathy about your son.

I understand perfectly the way you feel about this war and I believe everybody would feel the same.

You’re right, I am a congressman and I have the power to declare war and to end war, a war that sent our sons and daughters in Iraq to fight for a noble cause.
What is that noble cause? This is a delicate subject because fighting in Iraq against the greatest threat of our days, against terrorism, against weapons of mass destructions is a noble cause.

Many people wonder why the war is being waged by the US and not another country, why always the US? Being one of the most powerful countries in the world it is our duty to have a great role in defending against the actual threats of the world.

Our major responsibility is to keep this nation safe, even if that means making great sacrifices.

It is true that as a member of the Congress I have the enormous responsibility to end this war and bring our sons and daughters home as soon as possible, and I will do the best I can to make that happening.




Sincerely,

United States Congressman

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

I only wish our congressmen were as thoughtful and articulate as you are in this letter.

Wed Oct 12, 11:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home