Wednesday, February 16, 2005

telc students and teacher

If a person in my country committed suicide , he or she would be criticized for running away from problem.
Whereas when someone in N.Y. commits suicide , he or she is accepted as an ordinary person.
Conversely , when a person in my country resolves the problem he or she is praised for being intelligent , whereas if someone in N.Y. avoided the problem , he or she would be rejected as an ineffective person.
……………………………………………………………………..

Bullshit U.S.A.
Generally speaking, American are incredibly selfish and people from my country are friendly. I mean that we can lose our time for helping anyone but Americans people do not.
For instance , I just came here 1 mount ago. It is too hard for me to remember about subway stations because we don’t have them. I often lost the way and I just wanted to have someone to give me suggestion. I tried to find someone to help me but I couldn’t.
American are very hurried , so they couldn’t sacrifice their time. On the other hand , In Thailand we often tack care of the foreigner like our relation.
Another example , that in my country we have to help a crippled person whenever we have seen one , such as the blind person who wants to cross the road . We have to help them . In contrast in this country , if you help a crippled person , you may be sued or you became a looked down upon person , In spite of pity.
Thai people practice manners very well. We have discipline in our life and respect older people. The children of my country have to obey their parents. American youngsters can speak and do whatever their would like , evenif they aren’t exactly correct things.
In my opinion , there are really good things behind our country . I don’t think that I wouldn’t find nice life in this country . It is just keeping the time for me.
However , I am ready to learn a new culture in this place. Eventually, in my opinions before I came here . I thought that this country was clearly clean but it wasn’t . Everyone who smokes can leave cigarettes on the sidewalk . It makes yours country look bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

This is Kevin.
I'm glad you put your writing on the blog. Your honest comments make for good reading. Keep writing and reflecting. We look forward to seeing the movies you make in the future.

Sat Feb 19, 02:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home