Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Maria del Carmen.

                                       THE GROUP


In my group are four people, all of us females. The maximum age is 48, the minimum is 25
and the average is 37. In my group have the following occupations: Consultant, Security 
Officer and two factory workers. Now we are all students.

We come from a total of 4 countries, China, Polonia, Ecuador and Peru; and represent 3 continents, Asia, Europe and South America, 3 languages are spoken by our group:
Polish, Chinese and Spanish.

The largest hometown represented in our group is Baotou China, with a population of 4 
million, the smallest hometown is Canar, Ecuador with a population of 1200.

Our marital status is varied. One person is single and the other three are married.

Three of us live with family and another lives with her fiance.

The person in my group who has been in New York the longest is Teresa, who came here
15 years ago, by contrast, Tingting has been here just more than two years. The average
length of time in New York is about 7 years.

We all very lucky to know each other in this class and we are sure the future English exploration
will benefit us a lot.

---

Maria, I'm glad you could put your writing here. I got your email about the difficulty you were having. You solved the problem! 

The writing is mostly correct. Here is one problem:

"In my group, there are four people" is correct. 

"My group has four people" is correct. 

"In my group are four people" is incorrect (because the sentence begins with a "prepositional phrase" (in my group). A sentence should begin with a "subject" (my group- or- there are).

There is one punctuation error. "In contrast" begins a new sentence, so the sentence before it must end with a period (.) not a comma (,). 


You and your group worked well together and produced a strong result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home