Thursday, September 27, 2012

notes on Jirayu's post

 Jirayu,

Your written conversation is almost completely correct. I've made some notes on errors between your sentences.


How long did you play the computer last night?
I played it for 2 hours.


That grammar is correct, but I think you need a PREPOSITION, "on."

"How long did you play on the computer last night?"

"I played on it for 2 hours." 











How long did you work for yesterday?
I worked for 10 hours.


Both question and answer are correct. 






How long dose it take to fly from Thailand To USA.?
It takes 25 hours to fly.

The question and answer are correct, but "does" is incorrectly spelled. 








How long dose Newyork  have the subway?
Newyork has subway for 100year already.


This has 4 errors.

1. The grammar should be PRESENT PERFECT (have+ past participle)

2. New York is 2 separate words.


3. "Does" is the correct spelling


4. "100 year" should be "100 years")







How long did you take the subway ?
I took the subway for 30 minutes.


That's correct. 





How long did you meet your friend for dinner?
I met them for 2 hours at dinner.


Correct, but "friend" is incorrect. It should be "friends" because the answer has "them."






How long did you go shopping  yesterday ?
I want shopping for 1 hours.


This is correct, but it should be "1 hour," not plural. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home